- Jesse Satterfield
Here is a link to my powerpoint on 3D Printing Organs!
Dfab presentation – Link Here
Photo- Marcin (in yellow) and fabricators standing on top of open source tractor prototype. The tractor is one of the 50 most important machines of modern civilization. 50 machines that Marcin is prototyping in open source as part of the Global Village Construction Set (GVSC).
http://opensourceecology.org/gvcs.php Link to all 50 of the GVSC machines ( click on each to go to wiki and check out prototyping progress)
9 standards (goals) for each of the tools in the GVSC:
- Open Source -Freely published, open to collaborators
- low-cost -Cheaper than comparable industrial machine
- Modular -interchangeable to diversify function
- User -Serviceable -designed for user maintenance
- Diy – user controls design,production and modification.
- Closed Loop Manufacturing -recycling materials into virgin stock
- High Performance -standards must meet those of industrial counterparts
- Flexible fabrication -simple fabrication methods using commonly available tools
- Distributive Economics -encouraged replication
- Industrial Efficiency -exceeds industrial productivity standards
Marcin’s ted talk ( also posted below) http://www.ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski.html
Open Source Ecology Micro house Wiki- Step by step instructions on progress of micro house. http://www.ted.com/talks/marcin_jakubowski.html
Marcin Looking Happy with 3D Print